The Office of Research is mandated to conduct research, provide support to research activities across the various Schools, Faculties and Departments, and co-ordinate research activities.
To promote a culture of knowledge, the Office of Research:
- Collaborates with the research community to create a culture of research
- Advocates for the SINU research community
- Strategically invests in promising research and researchers
- Creates integrated services, transparent research administration, infrastructure, policies and procedures
- Broadens awareness of the value of SINU research
- Develops strong relationships with sponsors
- Enhances the ability to perform research in a global community
- Supports strong infrastructure for interdisciplinary research
- Negotiates contract terms with funders as well as collaborating agreements with other educational institutions and public sector collaborators.
- Provides training to University staff, students and officers of various public and private institutions across the country.
- Promotes shared responsibility, ethical conduct of research, and compliance
Our Latest Projects
Aedes mosquito survey following the dengue fever outbreak in Honiara, Solomon
Dr. David Gegeo (Director)